Get ready for your very first superfood… GOJI BERRIES!!!
- Boosts immune system
- Improves eyesight
- Anti-aging properties (nicknamed the longevity fruit)
- Complete protein source (has 19 different amino acids)
- Contains more than 20 trace minerals (zinc, iron, copper, etc.)
- Loaded with vitamins (B2, B6, Vitamin E)
- One of the highest antioxidant rich foods on the planet (2 – 4 times the amount of antioxidants than blueberries)
- Stimulates the production of Human Growth Hormone (HGH) naturally (only known food to do this!!!)
- Supports neurological health (help our bodies produce choline which combats free radical damage linked to Alzheimer’s disease)
- Keeps vital organs healthy (helps with digestive problems and liver detoxification)
Are you excited about goji berries yet?
So what exactly IS a goji berry and where can I get them??
A goji berry is a deep red, dried fruit about the same size as a raisin and tastes similar to the combination of a cranberry and a cherry. You can get them at your local organic food store (Whole Foods, etc.). There are lots of ways to eat them.. you can steep goji berries in tea, add them to trail mixes, or toss them into your smoothie or Greek yogurt.
Goji Berry Recipes
Mango Goji Berry Smoothie
1 organic banana
1 organic mango
¼ cup organic raspberries
1 tablespoons maca powder
2 tablespoons organic goji berries
Blend well and enjoy!! I found this recipe on rawsmoothierecipes.com
Goji Berry Tea
1. Boil 1 cup of water, and add a tea bag of your choice.
2 Add a handful of goji berries to the tea, and allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
3. Strain the tea to remove the berries to prepare your tea for drinking.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of honey (optional) and enjoy!!
2 handfuls goji berries
1 handful shredded coconut
1 handful dehydrated buckwheat
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons cacao
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 small handful of slivered almonds
1 tablespoon honey
5 tablespoons of coconut oil
Combine all ingredients a mixing bowl and mix together with your hands. It needs to be wet enough for all the ingredients to be wet and runny so add more coconut oil if it’s too dry. Make sure to do a taste test, it should taste delicious even before it’s set.
Spoon into patty cake papers to make “clusters” or press into a square based cake tin for energy bars.
Leave in the freezer to set. They can be kept in the freezer or the fridge. Enjoy!
Chocolate Goji Berry Bark
½ cup cacao butter (melted amount)
½ cup cacao powder, sifted
2 tablespoons agave nectar
¼ cup goji berries
¼ cup almonds, chopped coarsely
On a 7″ plate (you can use the bottom of a springform pan), arrange the almonds and goji berries so they are uniform.
Mix the cacao butter, powder and agave nectar until smooth. Pour gently over the berries and almonds, until uniformly covered.
Place the plate in the freezer for the chocolate to firm up, about 15 minutes.
TAKE ACTION – What have you made before with goji berries? Let us know by posting on our Bay View Boot Camp Facebook Page!!
P.S – Are you on our newsletter? Click here to receive fitness tips, workout videos, and healthy recipes!