Here’s a Paleo recipe that you can make in little time that is fresh and light. I usually gravitate towards salmon, but it is always good to switch up. I’ll be trying this next week!
Here is a Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi recipe.
2 Mahi Mahi filets (6 oz. each)
1 cup Coconut Milk
3/4 cup roasted Macadamia nuts
1/8 cup almond flour
1/8 cup coconut flour
1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded unsweetened coconut, to taste
1. Place Mahi Mahi in a ziploc bag with the coconut milk and let sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
3. Place your macadamia nuts in a food processor and grind until they are coarsely ground.
4. Add in the coconut flour and almond flour and mix well, then transfer macadamia nut mixture to a bowl.
5. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush oil on the sheet so your fish doesnt stick and place Mahi Mahi filets on the baking sheet and salt and pepper each side of fish, to taste.
6. Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
7. Add melted coconut oil to macadamia nut mixture and mix well.
8. After the 5 minutes remove your mahi from the oven. Flip the Mahi over and spread your macadamia mixture over the top of the filets and press it down so it sticks. Then add the shredded coconut on top of the mixture.
9. Place the baking sheet back in the oven and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes or until your coconut and macadamia nuts have browned nicely.
10. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes, then enjoy!
*Recipe inspired by http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/
Make this recipe? Let us know what you thought by commenting below!