After feasting Thursday through Sunday for birthday celebrations.. I knew it was time to cut back this week. Waffles with whipped cream and strawberries aren’t exactly an everyday treat for me.. so I gave in a little thinking that birthday calories wouldn’t stick.
Well I was wrong…
The best way for me to stick to clean eating is to have go-to favorites ready to go in the fridge!
Which is why I made this dish tonight for dinner.. and made enough for the entire week! :)
Sautéed Chicken with Mango Salsa & Sliced Avocado
1. I bought two double breasted chicken breasts so I had enough for the rest of the week. If you have a large family and you are cooking for more.. make more! It will save you time in the long run. :)
2. Rinse the chicken and cut off any fat. Then, slice them down the middle to create chicken cutlets. They will cook faster this way. While you are trimming off the fat, heat up coconut oil in a pan and set over medium high heat.
3. Season the chicken with whatever spices you have on hand! I change it up each time to make it interesting, but for the chicken pictured above, I used Paprika, Dark Chili Powder, Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Salt-Free Seasoning Blend, and Fajita Seasonings. It tasted really good!
4. Slice the cutlets and set in the pan until lightly brown and then flip. I like to slice them before cooking because then they are done and I put them right in the Tupperware container. Ready to go for adding on top of spinach or mixed greens for a quick lunch tomorrow!
1. I went to the local farmers market to get everything in this salsa. Normally I would have put in more tomatoes.. but they didn’t look that ripe this time. Feel free to switch it up each time and make it your own!
2. Just chop up all of the ingredients below and mix together. It is perfect to add with chicken, eggs, pork chops, or salmon.
- 3 Bell Peppers (I used red because they are my favorite.. but use different colors if you like)
- 4-6 small tomatoes (or whatever you have in the house)
- 1 mango
- 2-3 jalapeños
- 1/3 bunch cilantro (saved some to garnish the dish at the end)
- 2 stalks celery chopped in small pieces
- Juice from 1 lime (saved some of the juice for over the chicken when finished)
- 1-2 gloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- Sea salt, to taste.
Hope you enjoy it!! Please comment below if you make it. Also, feel free to share with your friends on Pinterest or Facebook. :)